Pages

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Flower Files: Classic White Bouquet



Four years ago this week my beautiful little sister got married.  My sister is one of the sweetest, most generous, and diligent people I know. About five years ago, she started dating this guy, Jim, whom I'd kind of grown up with.  I just knew as a kid he was loud and a bit of a clown.  Mary was friends with his little brother, and the story is that they used to chase Jim around when they were in elementary school trying to give him one of her famously painful "Indian rug burns."  Fast forward ten years and my tom-boy-turned-feminine-and-beautiful-sister met up with this clown-turned-goldy-leader and some mutual friends.  It was all over from there.

Now they have two beautiful babies, whom I could go on and on about.  I'm trying so hard not to tell their cute stories right now though. All I really intended to do is talk about the flowers that Mary picked out, and I put together.  Even though I've done a few other wedding since then, I'm no expert now and definitely wasn't then, so it was a huge honor that Mary trusted me with such a visible part of her big day.

Her bouquet was an all white combination of calls lilies, roses, hypernicum berries and ranunculus.  Totally classic and full of romantic frills.  For her bridesmaids, she picked out a bright summery mix of golden and fuchsia roses with orange ranunculus.


Can flowers ever not look good? This is why I love them! I totally credit my sister for how good these look since she was the one who toured the refrigerators full of flowers with my mom picking out exactly which blooms she wanted. 


Aww, she's so pretty.
Mary's so beautiful.  I can't believe this was four years ago.  I can't even imagine our family without Jim being part of it now.  Oh man, now I'm getting all misty-eyed.  Happy Anniversary you two!

By the way, all these photos are by the amazingly talented Lydia Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment